I got wonderful news earlier this week: I was nominated for and won an award from The Academy for Dog Trainers.
The Academy has yearly awards that are mostly in-house, but this year they decided to include a category for work done outside the Academy.
I was awarded the first “The Academy Applauds” award for my work here on eileenanddogs.com.
I am so honored. Thank you, thank you, and thank you again!
Below is the letter from the Academy. I have also put a permanent graphic in the sidebar of the blog. And I’ll include a photo of my “statue” when I get it!
Thank you to the following:
- Jean Donaldson and the students of the Academy (not just for this award, but for the work you do and what you stand for)
- All blog readers
- All blog commenters
- Everyone who has shared a post
- Everyone who has subscribed to the blog or Liked the Facebook page
- Everyone who has provided a graphic or photo
- Everyone who has made a video for me
- Everyone who has pointed out little errors
- Everyone who has pointed out big errors, privately or publicly
- Everyone who has helped me with drafts of blogs and movies
- The serious learning theory mavens–at all levels–who help me tackle the hard questions
- Folks who have given me an idea for a blog, whether they knew it or not
- Folks who have said, “Attagirl!”
- Folks who have disagreed constructively
- People who translated a post into another language or subtitled a movie
- Pet owners who have decided to venture forth and take those first few steps with a clicker and treats
- Pet owners who have realized they needed in-person help and hired a positive reinforcement based trainer or vet behaviorist
- My training “other half,” who seems to think everything I think
- All you pro trainers out there on the front lines
- People who provide and manage quality, free Internet resources and keep their eyes on the prize: helping dogs and their owners over all else
- The Pet Professional Guild
- My friends and family
- And of course…..my dogs!
This recognition is some of the best R+ ever. I’ll prove it by writing more!
I have received one other “official” recognition previously: a post of mine was featured on WordPress’ “Freshly Pressed.” This was “But We Don’t Give Our Kids a Cookie Every Time They Tie Their Shoes!”
If you want to read my reasons for blogging, check out this “interview”: “2013 Pet Blogger Challenge.”
P.S. Thank you!
© Eileen Anderson 2014 eileenanddogs.com