I got wonderful news earlier this week: I was nominated for and won an award from The Academy for Dog Trainers.
The Academy has yearly awards that are mostly in-house, but this year they decided to include a category for work done outside the Academy.
I was awarded the first “The Academy Applauds” award for my work here on eileenanddogs.com.
I am so honored. Thank you, thank you, and thank you again!
Below is the letter from the Academy. I have also put a permanent graphic in the sidebar of the blog. And I’ll include a photo of my “statue” when I get it!
Thank you to the following:
- Jean Donaldson and the students of the Academy (not just for this award, but for the work you do and what you stand for)
- All blog readers
- All blog commenters
- Everyone who has shared a post
- Everyone who has subscribed to the blog or Liked the Facebook page
- Everyone who has provided a graphic or photo
- Everyone who has made a video for me
- Everyone who has pointed out little errors
- Everyone who has pointed out big errors, privately or publicly
- Everyone who has helped me with drafts of blogs and movies
- The serious learning theory mavens–at all levels–who help me tackle the hard questions
- Folks who have given me an idea for a blog, whether they knew it or not
- Folks who have said, “Attagirl!”
- Folks who have disagreed constructively
- People who translated a post into another language or subtitled a movie
- Pet owners who have decided to venture forth and take those first few steps with a clicker and treats
- Pet owners who have realized they needed in-person help and hired a positive reinforcement based trainer or vet behaviorist
- My training “other half,” who seems to think everything I think
- All you pro trainers out there on the front lines
- People who provide and manage quality, free Internet resources and keep their eyes on the prize: helping dogs and their owners over all else
- The Pet Professional Guild
- My friends and family
- And of course…..my dogs!
This recognition is some of the best R+ ever. I’ll prove it by writing more!
I have received one other “official” recognition previously: a post of mine was featured on WordPress’ “Freshly Pressed.” This was “But We Don’t Give Our Kids a Cookie Every Time They Tie Their Shoes!”
If you want to read my reasons for blogging, check out this “interview”: “2013 Pet Blogger Challenge.”
P.S. Thank you!
© Eileen Anderson 2014 eileenanddogs.com
49 thoughts on “I’d Like to Thank the Academy”
Congratulations! And thank you for all you do 🙂
Thank you so much, Melony!
Many Congratulations for a well deserved honor. Love your clarity, your training advice and your obvious love for dogs and everything you stand for, for yours, and, our dogs!
Ellen, thank you very much! I strive for those things!
Wonderful job, well deserved and keep up the great work! Russ 🙂
Hey Russ, thanks!
Congratulations to someone who SO deserves it. Thank you for what you’re doing for dogs. I have shared your posts on our shelter facebook page (Florida Keys SPCA) and also with our volunteers. Great work and I’m glad you are being recognized for it.
Oh Cathy, thank you, and thanks for sharing!
This is a high honor indeed, and you have earned it over and over again. Very cool on both sides of the equation!
Congratulations. Well deserved. I’m not buying the “amateur” label either. Toot away. xx
Totally deserved!! I have learned so much from your writing and your videos – Eileen, you are rare and valuable. Thank YOU for sharing all that you do!!
Wonderful recognition, and richly deserved.
Congratulations! Thanks for being a beacon of great information, coupled with good humor and inspiration.
Thanks, Debbie! I do try to provide those things. All this R+ spurs me to do more and better!
Thanks! And thanks for your help!
This award is so very well deserved Eileen. Congratulations to you. I love your blog and have learned so much from you. Thank you for all the research you do, the time you spend and for sharing it with us.
Thanks, Nicola. I truly love doing this, and so appreciate the kind words.
Awesome! Well deserved!!!
Thanks so much!
Awesome! Well deserved. Thank you for your thoughtful, well-researched writings—so much better than internet screaming hotheads. You also help me feel less alone out here in my endless world of problem-solving dogland. Very appreciated. 🙂
Oh, thank you, Betsy! Sometimes I think I barely miss being a screaming hothead, too! Glad you put me in a different group! All this lovely feedback gives me a sense of community as well.
Congratulations! You totally deserve it. You always have such creative topics. It gives me lots to think about with my own training.
Thank you so much, Juanita. Glad I can help a little bit.
we thank you for great writing, stimulating topics and the encouragement that you give everyone.
You are so kind, jarah’s mom. Thank you!
Congrats! You are so deserving for your writing, research, and “experiments” in the field. Your field! 😀
Thanks! Glad you like the “experiments”!
Well done and well deserved!
Thank you very much!
Well deserved, congratulations! Just look at where love can lead you. You opened your heart to your dogs and worked hard to understand them better. Then you so graciously and generously shared with others what you had learned, which in turn helped to improve and strengthen their relationships with their dogs. Amazing what an open heart can do, thank you Eileen.
My goodness, Marjorie, thank you. Those are such kind words. I’ll strive to merit them.
So well deserved. I love your insightful posts and videos and repost them everywhere.
Oh thank you, Jane! And so glad you share my stuff.
Ditto, ditto, ditto!
Congratulations and well deserved.
Thanks so much, Tricia!
Congratulations on your well deserved award. Coal is sending you puppy kisses.
Thank you, Mary Lynn, and thanks to Coal for the kisses!!
Imagine… if all dog owners could become as amateur as you are – Bravo Eileen !
Josephine you are so kind! Thank you!
Congrats! This is super cool.
Comments are closed.