Guess what, folks? If you wondered why I’m not posting much right now: I am giving a webinar through the Pet Professional Guild and have been working my butt off on that for several weeks. The webinar is Over Threshold: The Changing Definition. Click on the image below to sign up. (There is a charge: $10 for PPG members and $20 for non-members. There is one CEU available for CPDTs.)
The webinar will take place on Wednesday, February 19th, at 12:00 – 1:30 PM Central Standard Time (6:00 – 7:30 PM UTC).
<<Note: The live webinar has taken place, but is still available as a recording.>>
This will be very different from any other discussion about threshold you have ever participated in.
Be ready to find out:
- Why there are so many different definitions of “threshold” floating around out there;
- Why the use of the term in psychology and the use of the term in animal training don’t quite “fit”;
- What effect this confusion has on training, and discussions about it;
- Where desensitization/counterconditioning; negative reinforcement protocols such as are included in BAT* and CAT**; and flooding fall with regard to these different definitions of threshold; and
- What we can do to clear up our discourse.
Yes, those are the waters I am daring to jump into. Hope you can come!
Click on the image or the URL below.
Over Threshold: The Changing Definition (Still available as a recording.)
- Which Dog is Playing?
- Invisible Cues
- How Skilled are You at Ignoring? (Extinction Part 2)
- Is My Dog a Drama Queen?
- More Training Errors: Cautionary Tales (I seem to have an abundance of these)
* Behavior Adjustment Training by Grisha Stewart
**Constructional Aggression Treatment by Kellie Snider